May 17, 2006
Cahaba Grand Conference Center
(formerly HealthSouth Conference Center )
Approved speaker presentations are now available on the "About our Speakers" page with a link provided for downloading.
HR in crisis! what does that mean? It is referring to HR professionals dealing with situation of crisis dimension. Conference attendees will hear real-life perspectives of how HR professionals and organizations have dealt with and thrived in the eye of crisis. This professional development opportunity provides attendees with two keynote speakers, one general session, and two break-out sessions (select from four) or instead of the break-out sessions, attend the special track consisting of two sessions. The special track requires pre-registration and is limited to 30 participants.
Opening Keynote led by Ashley Goldsmith, VP of Human Resources for HomeDepot: HR and the Hurricane: The HomeDepot Experience.
Lunch Keynote led by Dione Heusel, SPHR, former VP of Human Resources for Ruth's Chris Steakhouse now Director and Vice President, Human Resources, DynMcDermott Petroleum Operations Company
Closing General Session led by Sharon Lovoy, SPHR, President Lovoy's Team Works, Inc.: Awareness, Accountability, and Action
led by Anthony P. Bamber, President, Ashwater Management Group, LLC: Accounting and Finance for Real People
Four Break-out Sessions
The Economics of Obesity: What it Means to Business, Eric Finkelstein, Ph.D , RTI International
Extreme Makeover Safety Style, Wayne P. Jackson, LCSW, PIP, CEAP, Safety and Compliance Resources
HR in Crisis: Case Studies, Richard Lehr, Founding partner of Lehr Middlebrooks and Vreeland, P.C.
Lifestyle Choices: The Teledyne Brown Response, Jennifer Geist, Wellness Manager, Teledyne Brown
- An exhibit hall with over 50 leading providers of HR-related products and services
- PHR/ SPHR/ GPHR recertification credit
- Network with over 500 business professionals
- Various corporate door prizes and two SHRM Alabama sponsored $500 cash drawings!
Conference Pricing Information
- Full Conference $99 (includes refreshments, handout materials, lunch, and access to exhibitors)
- SHRM Student Chapter Member $45 (includes refreshments, handout materials, lunch, and access to exhibitors)
- Luncheon only $30
Conference Registration Information (full conference brochure available late January 2006)
- All attendees register using online registration at shrmalabama.org
- Upon completion of online registration, two options for payment:
- Secure online using credit card (small usage fee applies)
- Check payable to SHRM Alabama and mail with copy of online registration confirmation to:
SHRM Alabama State Council, Inc.
c/o Jamie Yeaman Brown, SPHR
140 Williamson Way
Millbrook, AL 36054-1603
Sponsor Information and Registration Contacts
Mr. Bill Rush
Ms. Nancy Leigh
Phone: 205-349-2990, x1280
Other Useful Links:
Driving directions: http://healthsouthcenter.com/stream/scntr/app/frame?2=article.jsp,contactus_directions_rs,scntr_contact_directions
Hotels Drury Inn is providing special rate.: http://healthsouthcenter.com/stream/scntr/app/frame?2=article.jsp,accom_hotels_rs,scntr_accom_hotels